We are starting our 500-year celebration of the 5 Solas of the Reformation with a study of Sola Gratia.
This month will see the 500th anniversary of the Protestant Reformation culminating in Martin Luther’s nailing of his 95 Theses onto the door of the Wittenberg Church on October 31st. To help celebrate we are dedicating the next 5 episodes to the 5 Solas of the Reformation. The 5 Solas helped declare the basis of the Reformation’s core beliefs about salvation. They are:
- Sola Gratia (by Grace Alone)
- Sola Fide (through Faith Alone)
- Solus Christus (in Christ Alone)
- Sola Scriptura (according to Scripture Alone)
- Soli Deo Gloria (for God’s Glory Alone)
So today we are starting with a brief overview of the history of Sola Gratia and then diving into the scripture to see where the stance that we are saved by grace alone is identified as an accurate statement.